Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The wait begins...


Well our flight is an hour behind, curses for not checking that before my parents left us at the airport at 12:30 a.m. It's now 1:29 in the morning and our flight isn't boarding until 3...1. more. hour.

On another completely sad note; Alana told my dad tonight that she's scared. If you know Alana then you know how doubly heart breaking this is. She is so brave and this is the first time she's ever admitted that she's scared. I had to turn away from where I was sitting so she didn't see me cry. There's nothing that can make her feel better right now except holding on tight and keeping her close. Alana doesn't talk to much about her health aside from saying she looks "like a freaky-goober" some days because of her canula and the asses who stare at her without smiling. Anyway--grandpa just hugged her harder and told her that that was alright. Everybody gets scared but she's the biggest and bravest.

I am whipped and unless I can muster some sleep on the plane, which I suffer from terribly insomnia even in my own bed, I will be up until at least 9 a.m. tomorrow (well technically this..) morning.

I will update when we get back from her first appointment unless something else comes up.

PS: I just wanted to thank everyone for all their thoughts and prayers for Alana. They mean the world to us in so many ways.

No comments: