Sunday, June 14, 2009

Freedom!

So we are officially discharged! We are back at the hotel now and Larry made her a tent between the beds and she's laying under them chillin. We had another wonderful nurse today and that is something I can say holds true here just like every other hospital, 99% are just amazing and caring and all that, while 1% are total hags and rude. We didn't get a rude one, unfortunately for the new family next to us they did though. Can't win them all right? It was nice to not have to worry about the nursing staff though, it's one of those things that can make a visit or make it terrible.

So she's still terribly tired, more so then I'd like, but she's finally asking to color and wants to read a book. It's confusing how much something that's suppose to be a outpatient thing can be so hard for her. I think a lot of it still revolves around 2 key points;

1. Like a cold for her lasting 3 months, any invasive attack on her body, i.e. cold, flu, biopsy, triggers her already hyperactive immune system into massive overdrive therefor accounting for the completely unstable temperature shifts, the "erratic" heart rhythm, remaining lethargic for days after.
2. All of the above with the added complication of general anesthesia staying in her system longer then expected.

I think soon we will have to figure this out in order for her to have anymore procedures or just be sedated in general. I have a lot more thoughts and things to think about, including that we are testing for something that is hard to think about but for now we are back at the hotel, she's resting, I've spoken with Noelani and Shaylin and let them know we are coming home on Tuesday and that I cannot wait to see them. Shaylin was so cute, she told me she made me something and it's a big suprise and I will love it so much. Not more then I love you guys cupcake ;-)

No comments: