Monday, July 20, 2009

River days...

So we thought we'd get away for the weekend and go to Grandma's and Grandpa's house to relax and see if it would pick up Alana's spirit, give Noelani and Shaylin a break from appointments, and have some 1:1 time with Larry and I while Alana hung out with G-pa's. It went well I have to say.

Before we get into all that fun though on Friday we talked with McDr about the now weekly episodes of freezing cold, agitated, in pain, staring spell, night's she's been having. I asked what more I should be doing to make her comfortable and there really wasn't anything she could think that I hadn't done already. She did talk about the g-tube again and Larry and I had a long talk about it at 1 a.m. (yes 1 o'clock in the morning) as we drove down to my parents house and I didn't realize how for it he was. He is usually the one that is resistant, more so then I am, to things with Alana and for him to say that it will help her overall and if it's something we can finally do to help something then she needs to have it done. Talking with him put some of my fears and trepidation about it at ease and from what McDr said that's a good thing because it's almost time. On the other side of things she has patches on her tounge again that are bugging her as well as a new rash (go figure!) and after PT today she slept until 6ish tonight. Her PT did some offical testing of her hypermobility and that's going on the list now so I need to see if that ties into anything more then her hypotonia issues. Someone mentioned that those tend to go hand in hand so who knows, if it's nothing out of the ordinary from what we've already got going on then that's a good thing, right? Of course this wouldn't be Alana if she didn't add something new to the mix and she did on Sunday. It's called ptosis (droopy eyelid) and I have no idea where it came from! It was rather sudden, looked at her when she got out of the car and it wasn't there, went to change her over to her concentrator and there it was. Going to ask McDr about it later this week when we see her though, prolly going to be another FYI in the end though.



So onto the fun stuff! This is just a typical weekend at my parents house so enjoy the photos!


Throwing rocks in the river!

Fishing with Grandpa Alaskan style lol

My great fisherman who took my pole when he was suppose to be taking photos...

Shaylin and my brother with the dolly they caught together.

I am too cool to wear hip boots, being 13 and all...:P

She got to go on the Life Flight helicopter during the EMS open house.

Shaylin showing off her drawing from a firefighter!

Again, look how cool I am!

1 comment:

chrystal said...

Oh the girls are beautiful. Noelani has so grown up! I am so glad you had a fun visit, just letting go and smiles makes the light Hun. Know we send our very best for you all. I know that G-tube is scary and I am glad you talked it over with him. It'll help feed her, give her strength...holler if there's any need. You know how much I love you...all of you.