Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
To everyone who has served and everyone who currently is; to their families and their friends who
support and sacrifice each and every day,
thank you for letting freedom ring!

On the home front here things have pretty much stayed the same. Today we are going to go to a 4th of July BBQ with some friends and hope that Alana will either take a nap during so we can skip or minimize the meltdowns or stop trying to take her O2 off because she want's to be "normal like the other kids". This is becoming more and more a statement with her. She has this innate ability to make me smile and want to cry at the same time. This morning she slept in until after 10, this is another sign that she's still not feeling very well of course. After she woke up and came downstairs she told me that she was a normal girl today. I told her she was normal everyday why was today different? She then told me that she hasn't coughed yet this morning and her feet didn't hurt so that means that she's normal and isn't different then her sissy's and she liked being like them. While it makes me happy & proud that she's such a articulate child, it makes me sad that she feels that she's not normal in any sense of the word.

My thoughts are jumbled into a random mess this morning so forgive me for bouncing all over the place! One of our dear friends isn't feeling very well today and it is making his mom worried which in turn makes me worry. He's a lot like Alana, strong, brave, and prone to getting sick a lot. I hope that today ends up going smoother for them then yesterday, and that they know that all of us here are thinking of them!

P.S. Look how nicely her muscle biopsy incision is healing! She's so proud of it and she tells everyone that she didn't cry at all!

2 comments:

chrystal said...

A moment of pure delight is what flashed before my mind as I looked at her running picture....we shall make many more of them. Normal, ah bless her, she is unique and special and beloved all round the world. Enjoy your fun family day.
Love Sage (debs)

mia said...

I have only ever seen pics of Alana in a hospital bed.
That one of her running with her beautiful hair flowing behind her is magic!
(((BIG HUGS))) to you all xxxx